Everyone knows that vegans and vegetarians are often times met with disapproval, sometimes plain dislike. There are so many vegan and vegetarian jokes today that it really makes you appreciate people’s creative nature, if only they aimed it at something worth changing because vegan diets, after all, do have a positive impact for the entire planet and all life, not just for people.
It’s understandable though why some outside the community are not very vegan-friendly. It’s probably not the actual movement they dislike. More likely, it’s the one too many preacher-like vegans that have them rolling their eyes whenever the topic is approached. But most within the community are really compassionate, mindful people and they really don’t go around telling everyone just how vegan they are.
Leaving those aspects behind however, since veganism and vegetarianism are two extremely popular movements nowadays, there are a few good chances that you may know one yourself. And with Christmas approaching at a fast pace and your shopping perhaps still underway, let’s see about some vegan-friendly gift ideas that your friend might appreciate.
In the make-up range
- A few things to consider when buying cosmetics and personal care for vegan people is watching out for anything animal tested and derived or produced from wool, silk, honey and leather.
- Some of the brands that sell vegan and cruelty free beauty and personal care products are Dessert Essence, Arctic Fox, Aromi, Pacifica, Astonish Cleaning Products, Au Naturale, Beauty Blender, Bronze Buffer, Elixery, EcoTools, Epice International, and Innate Organic Body. You can find many others with just a simple search online.
- You should have no problem finding everything cosmetics related from these brands, starting with lip balms and body washes to make-up tools and various accessories.
In the clothing and accessories range
- If your friend or family member is vegan then chances are they avoid buying fast fashion clothing or clothing that comes from any manufacturer that produces unethically. This doesn’t just imply companies that perform animal testing but also the ones that produce merchandise with major consequences on the planet and the people.
- Gift ideas in the clothing range for vegan people are fashion items that have been produced mindfully and brands to consider include Eileen Fisher, MooShoes, Melissa McCarthy Seven7, Delikate Rayne, Della, Matt & Nat, Nicora Johns, and Three Leaves.
- Occasionally, brands like Mango and H&M also include cruelty-free fashion items, so that’s another alternative to source fashion gifts.
In the foodies range
- Things shouldn’t be very complicated with vegan goodies as the market for vegan foods has expanded in recent years. It’s now easier to find foods and goods that easily make a wonderful gift.
- Of course you can always explore recipes yourself and make someone a jar of vegan cookies or a cake and wrap it in beautiful wrapping paper with a personal note attached to it. Otherwise, have Daiya, Earth Balance, So Delicious, Earth Café, and Road’s End Organics in mind when sourcing foods from vegan brands. These are supposed to be some of the best in the industry.